Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Augustana

Can't Love, Can't Hurt: Buy for $10.69

Augustana is a California-based band. Their big hits were Boston and Sweet and Low.

I picked up their 2008 album Can't Love, Can't Hurt at their concert we put on in Wisconsin. Real nice guys.

Genre: emo alternative
Sound: mainstream, slight whine, catchy
Writing: Not terribly unique, but not obnoxiously cliche


The Good: snappy, catchy, makes you want to sing along
The Bad: can't really distinguish than a dozen other bands like Something Corporate
The Unique: hmm.

If you're only going to buy one song: Boston (not on this album)
If you're only going to buy three songs: Boston, Dust, Either Way
Typical lyrics: "She said I think I'll go to Boston / I think I'll start a new life / I think I'll start over / Where no one knows my name" (Boston)
A Taster: Boston
Personal Photo:
Augustana and CAB in La Crosse, WI 2009. (I'm on the far right in the hat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment